|Manfred Millicent presents her designs On an iron lattice. Let us imagine that the marvelous cloths of a mermaid
have been carried by magic, by the tide and the waves, and have gently been caught On a fishing net forgotten
On the golden sand beaches of the Carmelג€¦
- Begins her career in the world of Haute Couture in the French fashion house Andrevie,
- Designer for "And You" as assistant to the Japanese creator Koji Tatsuno; she creates
models for his collection.
- Creation of dresses for Jean-Paul Gaultier (1999-2000 autumn-winter collection).
- Sketch and design of models for Emmanuel Ungaro (spring 2000 and autumn 2001)
- And very recently, creations for John Galliano's spring-summer collections (2004-2006)
Exhibits and projects marking important points of her career:
- Exhibit of a brooch at the Pompidou Center, among prize winning works of the Caplain -
St Andre Foundation
- Prize for Licca's wedding dress and prize winner of the second France-Japan Grand Prix,
for the design of the collection of clothes for Licca, the Japanese version of the Barbie doll
(1998). Invited to Japan by the Takara Co Ltd company.
- Exhibition of knitted creations at the Galliera Museum, Paris's fashion museum, in the
framework of the Weeks of Fashion in Paris 2003.
- Collaboration with Jean-Louis Pinabel: design of dresses to match the feathered hats
especially created for the Prix de Diane (2003).
- Collection of hand knitted works set with semi-precious stones for the famous jewelers
Asprey & Garrard, jewelers of Her Majesty. These creations are worn by actresses at
"Oscar" award ceremonies and by celebs at gala evenings.
Manfred Millicent lives and works in Haifa